Be a part of the Fort Miles World War II Museum and help preserve history!
We need your help. Fort Miles is a unique World War II site that sits on American soil. The Fort Miles Historical Association continues to develop a “best in class” museum that will set the national standard for on-site WWII museums. To preserve and expand the Fort Miles Museum, we need capital funding for restoration projects and for educational and event programming, as well as long-term capital for expansion projects.
Thanks to our volunteers, members and donors, we have made great progress. However, to reach our goal of being one of the nation’s top WWII museums, we need sources of continuous funding.
Through the generous gifts of grant-in-aid and funding from the State of Delaware, individual state legislators, the Longwood Foundation, Crystal Trust, businesses and private individuals, we have:
- Purchased, transported and installed the 16-inch USS Missouri gun barrel, which is now the featured display at the Museum’s newest exhibit, a World War II Artillery Park.
- Engaged and funded third-party contractors to conduct site development work and install seven gun pads at the recently completed Artillery Park.
- Purchased and installed permanent restroom facilities adjacent to the Fort Miles Museum Orientation Building.
- Continued to restore barracks and other buildings along the main entrance road to the Museum.
Future projects similar to these are needed to make the Fort Miles World War II Museum a memorial to the fallen men and women who served our country during this turbulent time in American history, and a preserved site for centuries to come.
You can help us achieve our campaign funding goal in several ways (and receive special recognition in the FMHA newsletter and local media!).
- Consider a tax-deductible annual monetary gift to FMHA. Your annual gift helps FMHA manage its budget and plan for future projects.
- Donate materials, supplies and services. Whether you own a business or are an individual, we make use of many different kinds of materials. For instance, we’ve received generous contributions from business partners Kent Construction, Lockwood Corporation, Bella Terra Landscapes, Touch of Italy and Atlantic Liquors.
Capital Campaign Contributions:
- FMHA will launch its 3rd Capital Campaign in October 2016. We are seeking $2.1 million to initiate the restoration of Tower 3, improve road access and parking for the Fort Miles Museum, create an Outdoor Events Plaza at the Fort Miles Museum, and begin related Museum restoration and expansion projects.
- Carve your name in history with a naming rights Interested donors may select from a number of naming rights opportunities for artillery pieces, benches and World War II memorial plaques.
To discuss a naming rights selection or how to best direct a contribution, please call or email our executive director, Mark Chura. You can reach him at 302-542-3305 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also access the online FMHA donation form by clicking here.